Recent Advances in Analysis of Multivariate Ecological Data: Theory and Practice
International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
24-28 October 2016
Pierre Legendre and Daniel Borcard
Université de Montréal
- Short introduction to the course [PL].
- Ordination in reduced space: principal component analysis (PCA) [PL].
- Transformation of species abundance data tables prior to linear analyses [DB].
- Ordination in reduced space: correspondence analysis (CA), principal coordinate analysis (PCoA) [DB].
View Day 1 Videos
- Measures of similarity and distance, especially for community composition data [PL].
- Multiple linear regression. R-square, adjusted R-square, AIC, tests of significance [PL].
- Polynomial regression [DB].
- Partial regression and variation partitioning [DB].
View Day 2 Videos
- Statistical testing by permutation [PL].
- Canonical redundancy analysis (RDA) and canonical correspondence analysis (CCA) [PL].
- Multivariate analysis of variance by canonical analysis [DB].
- Selection of environmental variables in RDA [DB].
View Day 3 Videos
- Beta diversity partitioning and LCBD indices [PL].
- Replacement and richness difference components of beta diversity [PL].
- Spatial modelling: origin of spatial structures [PL].
- Mantel correlogram [DB].
View Day 4 Videos
- Multi-scale modelling of the spatial structure of ecological communities: dbMEM [DB], generalized MEM, and AEM methods [PL].
- Community surveys through space and time: testing the space-time interaction in repeated surveys [DB].
- Is the Mantel test useful for spatial analysis in ecology and genetics? [PL].
View Day 5 Videos